Haunted Black Swan Inn
Victoria's Black Swan Inn is next to Salado Creek on Holbrook Road. This haunted inn is currently an operating business that caters to such events like weddings, receptions, and catered dinners. Their web page describes the inn as hauntingly romantic although there is no mention of ghosts.
Story behind the Haunted Inn
Archeologists have provided evidence showing that native Americans once lived in the area where the Black Swan Inn currently sits and the battle at Salado Creek occurred here. The Black Swan Inn is designated an historical landmark. Supposedly, there is an Indian burial ground on the property and many say it's under the house. The Black Swan Inn is home to many ghosts and paranormal activities.
Haunting of the Inn
The Black Swan Inn has been on the television show "Sightings" where they reported the Inn is indeed haunted. Black Swan Inn ghost stores include:
- The owner of the haunted inn has seen a man standing at the foot of her bed
- A man working underneath the house reported children poking him with sticks and laughing
- Dolls in a room had been rearranged and left out as if they had been played with
- A visitor reported a creepy looking man standing outside her second story window
- Numerous other ghostly sightings and haunting activity reported by guests.
We believe this haunted inn is the real thing. Victoria's Black Swan Inn may have many visitors, but it also has many full-time ghostly residents.